ABOUT THE PEOPLE PLUS
We unite the PLWH in Belarus and create conditions for a full-quality life of PLWH in society.
The goals of “People PLUS” are aimed at:
• creation of conditions for the fullest realization of the legal rights of people living with HIV and their families;
• social, psychological and legal assistance;
• forming of skills of responsible behavior of citizens towards their health;
• forming of adequate attitude towards people living with HIV, the reducing of stigma and discrimination level;
• ensuring the high quality of HIV services in the Republic of Belarus;
• affordability of innovative drugs for treatment: HIV infection, tuberculosis, hepatitis C by overcoming of barriers related to intellectual property.
“People PLUS” is a civil society organization, the national network of people living with HIV in Belarus. From the one side “People PLUS” is a newly entity, it was created only in April 2018, but the other side “People PLUS” can add by right in its asset the 10-year history of the Belarusian community of PLWH because of most of the “People PLUS” activists were grown as specialists, when they had being worked in the projects of the “Belarusian community of PLWH”.
Such projects as:
• “Bell” (SIDA, Sweden)
• “Developing the skills of responsible behavior of PLWH to their health” - (NETHERLANDS OF AIDS FUND);
• “Promoting universal treatment of people living with HIV” (ECUO);
• “Health of People in Prisons: Increasing Access to High-Quality HIV Services and Supporting HIV-Positive Convicts and Persons Released in Belarus” (EU);
• “Barriers to adherence to ARV-therapy in Belarus” (AFEW International, The Netherlands);
• "Involving people living with HIV in an HIV treatment program. Achieving continued access to quality APB therapy for people living with HIV" (UNAIDS) and others.
Who are united by our organization?
The members of People PLUS are people living with HIV, members of their families and specialists who work in HIV area. Anyone who is not indifferent to issues of people living with HIV in Belarus can join the community.
MAIN CURRENT ACTIVITIES
FORMATION OF ADHERENCE TO THE TREATMENT OF ARV THERAPY
Peer-to-peer counseling, training
DEFENCE OF THE RIGHTS OF PLWHIV
Grope YOUNG PEOPLE +
An initiative bringing together HIV-positive youth, their loved ones and HIV activists
FORMATION OF FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT IN SOCIETY TO PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV
Groupe NEW VECTOR+
Promotion of socialization and adherence formation to ARV to prisoners living with HIV
ADVOCACY OF ACCESS TO TREATMENT
monitoring of procurement and supplies of medicine and diagnostic tools
PROMOTING IMPROVEMENT OF LEGISLATION
Social and psychological support for families affected by HIV
THE "PEOPLE PLUS" BOARD:
TATCIANA ZHURAUSKAYA - The Chairman
ANATOLI LESHANOK - Deputy of the Chairman
OLYA TULAKINA - member of the Board
KSENIA CHIRIK - member of the Board
EMERGENCY SUPPORT FUND FOR KEY POPULATIONS - AFEW International&
May 2019 - December 2019.
Project duration: August 2019 - May 2020
EMERGENCY SUPPORT FUND FOR KEY POPULATIONS - AFEW International
Project duration: 1 October 2019 - 31 December 2019
The European AIDS Treatment Group (EATG)
ITPCru Project"Conducting a study of the patent status of drugs for the treatment of HIV infection and viral hepatitis C in order to improve the drugs availability in the Republic of Belarus"
AFEW - Project: "Helping people living with HIV in prisons"
Project duration: May 2020 - December 2020
UNAIDS - Keeping PLHIV in Treatment program and Improving Adherence to ART during COVID-19 in Belarus
Project duration: August 2020 - May 2021
The Global Fund - Advisory, social and psychological assistance to people living with HIV who are at risk due to the coronavirus pandemic.
AFEW - Internet technologies for improving adherence to ARV treatment
Project duration: October 2020 - May 2021
ITPC Global - "Studying the patent status of drugs for the treatment of HIV infection and viral hepatitis C, in order to improve a drug availability in the Republic of Belarus."
Project duration: November 2020 - December 2021
UNISEF - "Creation of favorable conditions for maintaining health and participation in social life for young people and adolescents living with HIV in the context of coronavirus."
Project duration: January 2021 - June 2021
ICF "Alliance for Public Health" - The activities at "Center +" in the Fast-track cities Soligorsk and Svetlogorsk
Project duration: February 2021 - December 2021
AFEW : "Improving adherence to ARV therapy in the penitentiary system and work under resocialization of released PLHIV"
Project duration: April 2021-November 2021