ABOUT THE PEOPLE PLUS
We unite the PLWH in Belarus and create conditions for a full-quality life of PLWH in society.
The goals of “People PLUS” are aimed at:
• creation of conditions for the fullest realization of the legal rights of people living with HIV and their families;
• social, psychological and legal assistance;
• forming of skills of responsible behavior of citizens towards their health;
• forming of adequate attitude towards people living with HIV, the reducing of stigma and discrimination level;
• ensuring the high quality of HIV services in the Republic of Belarus;
• affordability of innovative drugs for treatment: HIV infection, tuberculosis, hepatitis C by overcoming of barriers related to intellectual property.
“People PLUS” is a civil society organization, the national network of people living with HIV in Belarus. From the one side “People PLUS” is a newly entity, it was created only in April 2018, but the other side “People PLUS” can add by right in its asset the 10-year history of the Belarusian community of PLWH because of most of the “People PLUS” activists were grown as specialists, when they had being worked in the projects of the “Belarusian community of PLWH”.
Such projects as:
• “Bell” (SIDA, Sweden)
• “Developing the skills of responsible behavior of PLWH to their health” - (NETHERLANDS OF AIDS FUND);
• “Promoting universal treatment of people living with HIV” (ECUO);
• “Health of People in Prisons: Increasing Access to High-Quality HIV Services and Supporting HIV-Positive Convicts and Persons Released in Belarus” (EU);
• “Barriers to adherence to ARV-therapy in Belarus” (AFEW International, The Netherlands);
• "Involving people living with HIV in an HIV treatment program. Achieving continued access to quality APB therapy for people living with HIV" (UNAIDS) and others.
Who are united by our organization?
The members of People PLUS are people living with HIV, members of their families and specialists who work in HIV area. Anyone who is not indifferent to issues of people living with HIV in Belarus can join the community.
MAIN CURRENT ACTIVITIES
FORMATION OF ADHERENCE TO THE TREATMENT OF ARV THERAPY
• conducting of seminars - trainings
• peer-to-peer counseling (telephone, by web-site, personal)
DEFENCE OF THE RIGHTS OF PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV
• monitoring of legislation and cases of violation of the rights of PLWH
• protection of the rights of PLWH in case of their violation
FORMATION OF TOLERANT RELATIONSHIP TO PLWH IN SOCIETY
• media companies on Internet resources and print press
• photo exhibitions, flash mobs
PROMOTION OF RESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR AND HEALTHY LIFE STYLE
• group «Young people PLUS»
ADVOCACY OF ACCESS TO TREATMENT
• involving in the formation of drugs procurement
• monitoring the procurement of medicine and diagnostic tools
SOCIAL SUPPORT FOR PLWH
• group «Parents + Children»
• group «Wisdom +»
• conducting of children's matinees, summer camps
THE BOARD OF THE "PEOPLE PLUS
TATCIANA ZHURAUSKAYA - The Chairman
ANATOLI LESHANOK - Deputy of the Chairman
KSENIA CHIRIK - member of the Board
GENADZ DOMNICH - member of the Board
OLYA TULAKINA - member of the Board